Las Vegas M Resort Removes $25 Resort Fee for the Summer Months

The M Resort has announced that it’s removing a $25 resort fee for the summer months. The resort operates in line with the state’s guidelines for health and safety in the post-COVID-19 environment.

For the Summer Months, M Resort Removes $25 Resort Fee

On Thursday, M Resort announced that it’s removing the $25 resort fee. The property, which reopened earlier in June, will not collect the resort fee for the period July 1 to September 7. Penn National Gaming operates the M Resort but its Tropicana property located on the strip remains closed for the moment.

M Resort vice president and general manager Hussain Mahrous commented on the subject by saying that it’s great to see loyal guests returning to the venue. Mahrous also shared his excitement and announced the company’s “No Resort Fee Summer” promotion. He continued by saying that the resort fees will be waived until September 7, which is Labor Day. Mahrous also pointed out that parking at the premises is always free.

Looking back at November last year, the M Resort signed official partnership with the Las Vegas Raiders. Under the partnership, the M Resort became the official headquarters of the team. Actually, the Raiders training grounds and office are located not that far away from the M Resort.

The Silver State Casinos Follow the State Guidelines for Safe Operations

Mahrous pointed out that the property is currently operating at 50% of its capacity. In addition, the M Resort has already installed plexiglass spacers in areas such as front desks, exchange kiosks and other guest service areas. Enhanced cleaning protocols are applicable for the bars, restaurants, casino, toilets, elevators and other high traffic areas. Hand sanitizing stations are available for the guests near entrances and gaming machines. All of those measures are actually in line with the state guidelines for operations of the venues in the post-COVID-19 environment.

With that being said, it’s important to mention that a debate is rising regarding disciplinary actions for casinos in the state that do not follow the health and safety guidelines for post-COVID-19 operations. Earlier this week, the Gaming Control Board in the state discussed possible disciplinary actions. The discussion took place on Thursday, while on Wednesday, Governor Steve Sisolak announced that face masks must be worn by everyone when visiting public places. Following the order, the Gaming Control Board said it will closely monitor the operators who reopened their doors. Disciplinary actions may come only when there is “…willful refusal to comply with the governor’s directives.

On the other hand, the Silver State’s regulator is also looking for a way to implement more cashless options for casinos. Although some changes in the existing regulations will be needed, according to the Gaming Control Board more cashless options may come in the near future. Turning our eyes to the casino operators, many of them find the change towards more cashless options as positive. Some operators such as Everi Holdings Inc and Scientific Games have already prepared cashless software options.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *