December 6, 2022 3 min read


Gambling Regulator in Denmark Improves Self-Exclusion Register

The gambling regulator in Denmark, Spillemyndigheden, announced Monday it updated ROFUS, the Gambling Authority’s Register of Voluntarily Excluded Players.

Spillemyndigheden Unveils New Design for ROFUS

The improved design seeks to make it easier for the users to navigate the website, the regulator explained. At the same time, Spillemyndigheden acknowledged that ROFUS’ functionality remains the same and any user that wants to register can do so. In order to implement the update itself, the regulator pointed out that for a short period on Monday, it is likely that the platform wasn’t accessible, but asked users to double-check and try to register again if they encountered any errors.

The Gambling Authority’s Register of Voluntarily Excluded Players (ROFUS) has had its design updated so that it is more up-to-date and easier for the user to find around the site,

reads a statement released by Spillemyndigheden

Spillemyndigheden has continuously helped improve ROFUS since the launch of the register back in 2012. The regulator helped add new functionalities and make the register easier to use, among other efficiency improvements. Currently, the self-exclusion register offers plenty of information for customers that want to exclude from gambling. If customers cannot find the information they need, they can also submit their query via a secure online form or contact a representative via phone.

Number of Registered Users with ROFUS Grows

Without any doubt, making ROFUS easier to use will have a positive impact. According to the register’s latest report, which dates back to the beginning of the year, a positive trend was observed in the number of users that are self-excluding.

The report revealed that more than 30,000 players from Denmark have self-excluded from gambling. This, according to Spillemyndigheden marked a significant annual increase. The report provided a breakdown detailing that 76% of the self-excluded individuals were male, while the remaining 24% were female. Considering the positive trend, it is likely that the number of self-excluded gamblers will only continue growing, proving once again the effectiveness of ROFUS.

ROFUS currently offers different periods for exclusion. Those include 24 hours, 1, 3 or 6 months. Users can also select to self-exclude permanently from gambling as well. It is important to mention that temporary registration cannot be removed, which means that if a user self-excludes, they will need to wait until the exclusion period passes. On the other hand, permanent self-exclusion can be removed one year after the initial registration.

Self-excluding with ROFUS helps users restrict their access to online gambling, as well as land-based casinos in the country. This includes different forms of betting such as poker, roulette, or other online gambling games.


William Velichkov is a research-driven writer. His strengths lie in ensuring factual accuracy, vetting government documentation and reaching out to regulators and other officials. He is particularly fond of financial reporting, the sports betting industry, B2B partnerships and esports betting developments. William is a strong asset to the GamblingNews team as he adds a bedrock to our reporting.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *