October 23, 2023 3 min read


Sisal Selects Sian Carson for Chief People Officer

In her new role, Carson is expected to oversee and propel the expansion of Sisal in strategic markets such as Italy and abroad

Sisal, the leading online gambling operator that is a part of Flutter Entertainment, announced an important C-suite appointment. The company revealed on Friday that it selected the seasoned expert with significant organizational and HR experience, Sian Carson, for the role of chief people officer. Joining Sisal’s C-suite, she is expected to oversee strategic processes related to the company’s growth in Italy and abroad. Moreover, the appointment complements the operator’s global expansion and development strategy.

Carson brings extensive knowledge and a variety of skills to Sisal. Her strategic guidance is expected to propel the company’s expansion. Currently, Sisal has a presence in several countries and has some 3,000 employees. As a renowned operator with a strong footprint in Italy, the company has established operations in other jurisdictions such as Tunisia, Turkey, Albania, as well as Morocco.

A University of Melbourne graduate in Humanities and Economics, Carson’s professional career in the financial sector began in Italy. At the time, she held different HR roles with UniCredit Group. Back in 2013, she became a part of Flutter Group. Initially, Carson held different roles, overseeing operations of Flutter’s Sportsbet division with brands such as Betfair and Paddy Power. Notably, she held the role of chief people officer where she was able to accumulate unique knowledge and insights.

The latest announcement by Sisal comes after late last month, Flutter confirmed it agreed to acquire a 51% stake in MaxBet, a leading gaming and betting operator in Serbia. The announced deal had a price tag of €141 million ($148.6 million) and the company confirmed that it anticipates acquiring the remaining 49% stake in the operator at some point in 2029.

Carson Is Delighted to Join Sisal

In a statement, Carson shared her excitement about her new role at Sisal. She said that she is proud to join the company at such an important moment and bring her strategic knowledge and guidance. Carson praised the efforts of Sisal’s more than 3,000 employees, explaining that growth and expansion are important for the company. Finally, Carson said: “Sisal’s multinational profile will give us the opportunity to work on issues of diversity and inclusion in all its aspects, with the goal of becoming a leading company in these issues.”

I am delighted to enthusiastically welcome this new professional challenge in a group that employs more than 3 thousand people in 5 different countries and with an ambition of continuous growth in the near future, strong in its strategy that has always put people at the center.

Sian Carson, chief people officer at Sisal

Francesco Durante, Sisal’s CEO, shared his excitement and welcomed her to the company’s C-suite. According to him, Carson brings the relevant experience and knowledge to propel Sisal’s future growth in Italy and abroad. Finally, Durante spoke about the importance of investing in people and skills for the future of international companies.


William Velichkov is a research-driven writer. His strengths lie in ensuring factual accuracy, vetting government documentation and reaching out to regulators and other officials. He is particularly fond of financial reporting, the sports betting industry, B2B partnerships and esports betting developments. William is a strong asset to the GamblingNews team as he adds a bedrock to our reporting.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *