June 4, 2020 4 min read


Marketing Campaigns Mark the Reopening of Las Vegas Casinos

With the restart of the casino industry in Las Vegas, marketing campaigns have also resumed in a bid to bring back players and visitors.

Casino Industry Restarted, Same Goes for Casino Marketing in the Silver State

Shut in mid-March, Las Vegas casinos finally reopened for visitors today, Thursday, June 4. This happened only a day after Governor Steve Sisolak  called for the National Guard to assist the local authorities with protests in Nevada. While following enhanced sanitation protocols as well as social distancing, the long-awaited day for gamblers has come. Yet, the restart of the casino industry has also marked the restart of the marketing campaigns in the Silver State.

But what can draw visitors back so easily besides the excitement of playing reels, blackjack or poker? The answer is simple – parking. To be more specific, free parking. This is only one of the many amenities that casino visitors will benefit of.  Focusing on visitor’s safety, casino operators will also offer hand sanitizers at multiple locations around their gaming premises.

Regular disinfection of high-traffic areas and casino equipment will also be conducted. Furthermore, plexiglas separators will be installed where possible in order to separate the visitors and patrons. Casino staff will also have personal protective equipment such as face coverings. But let’s steer back the interesting campaigns by the industry giants in Las Vegas.

The Giant MGM Combines Free Parking and “Vegas, Safely”

The industry giant MGM Resorts International is offering free parking on all of the lots for the properties Caesars Entertainment and The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. The giant restarted business under the campaign called “Vegas, Safely“. Statement by MGM reads: “Our campaign is about welcoming guests back to the show, the experiences they’ve missed and the moments that bring us together — all in a safe, trusted environment.” The company did not miss to say: “Vegas done safely is still Vegas. We want our guests to know that we are preserving the experience they’ve come to know and love.

The newly launched marketing campaign is featured on the marquees of the properties that are the first to return to business. Those are Bellagio, New York-New York, MGM Grand and as of next week – Excalibur. According to MGM officials visitors can expect the venues to look 75% like what was seen prior to the COVID-19 shutdown. The remaining 25% will be the extraordinary measures. Measures will feature access to hand sanitizer, social distancing protocols, and employees with personal protective gear.

What is The Plan of Caesars and Station Casinos?

Similar to its rival, MGM, Caesars will also offer free parking to visitors. In addition, Caesars will offer 5X the normal credits for the Caesars Reward loyalty program clients. The promotion will be applicable for the first month in all of the Caesars properties in Nevada as well as the tribal property in Northern California. Besides the casino promotion, Caesars also implemented a $40 credit for guests who are booking a stay for two or more nights. Credit can be used for Caesars attractions such as the High Roller, the Eiffel Tower at Paris Las Vegas and the Fly Linq zip line. The giant pointed out that the discount of 25% for all first responders is still applicable.

Station Casinos on the other hand, chose a different approach. Luring customers with free parking wasn’t a deal for them as their venues never had paid parking. Station Casinos chose – the billboards. Southern Nevada is covered with Station Casinos billboards that advertise the properties which reopened. Those are: Red Rock Resort, Boulder Station, Green Valley Ranch, Santa Fe Station, Palace Station, Sunset Station and the Wildfire properties. Furthermore the company has increased its presence in broadcast advertising and publications.

Lead Editor

Mike made his mark on the industry at a young age as a consultant to companies that would grow to become regulators. Now he dedicates his weekdays to his new project a the lead editor of GamblingNews.com, aiming to educate the masses on the latest developments in the gambling circuit.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *