Pennsylvania Fines Three Operators, Bans Eight People from Gambling
- The PGCB has approved fines totalling $180,000 against three separate gaming operators
- These included Greenwood Gaming and Entertainment, Wind Creek Bethlehem, and YFS Sub
- In addition to that, the regulator banned 8 individuals from gambling
The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) announced that it has approved fines against three separate gaming operators. In addition to that, the regulatory body placed 8 individuals on its involuntary exclusion lists.
Three Operators Received Fines Totaling $180K
According to the PGCB’s official announcement, its latest public monthly meeting saw it approve four consent agreements presented by its Office of Enforcement Counsel (OEC). This resulted in fines totaling $180,000 being levied against three operators.
The PGCB said that Greenwood Gaming and Entertainment was the recipient of two separate fines totaling $80,000. The first was a $40,000 fine for allowing underage individuals to access its gaming floor and play slot machines or table games on three separate occasions.
The other $40,000 fine was for permitting the employment of five unlicensed individuals who had access to iGaming account holders’ personal identifying information through its betParx platform.
In addition to that, the regulatory body levied a $50,000 fine against Wind Creek Bethlehem due to reported KYC guideline failures. The PGCB stated that the failures resulted in $92,000 in fraudulent withdrawals from suspicious iGaming accounts.
The final recipient of a fine was YFS Sub, a Yahoo Fantasy Sports subsidiary and a fantasy contests operator. YFS Sub was slapped with a $50,000 fine for failing to notify the board and secure proper approval for a change of control of its license.
Eight Individuals Were Banned from Gambling
In addition to issuing the fines in question, the PGCB also said that it has placed 8 individuals on its various involuntary exclusion lists due to a variety of offenses. These individuals will effectively be banned from regulated casinos, online sportsbooks, and VGT locations.
While banned individuals often include adults who leave children unattended while gambling, the PGCB did not specify whether this was the case here.
In any case, the number of banned individuals has now reached 1,463, according to the regulator.
The PGCB added that its next meeting will take place on June 17.
Earlier this year, the authority fined BetMGM over insufficient anti-fraud and know-your-customer procedures across its betting platforms. As a result, the operator received a $100,000 fine.
Angel specializes in turning complex iGaming trends and betting mechanics into compelling, narrative-driven content. Known for his deep-dive research and nuanced understanding of industry regulations, he delivers high-impact reporting backed by a rigorous, fact-checked editorial process.