- Casino
- By State
- Alabama
- Alaska
- Arizona
- Arkansas
- California
- Colorado
- Connecticut
- Delaware
- Georgia
- Florida
- Hawaii
- Idaho
- Illinois
- Indiana
- Iowa
- Kansas
- Kentucky
- Louisiana
- Maine
- Massachusetts
- Maryland
- Michigan
- Minnesota
- Mississippi
- Missouri
- Montana
- Nebraska
- Nevada
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Ohio
- Oklahoma
- Oregon
- Pennsylvania
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Tennessee
- Texas
- Utah
- Vermont
- Virginia
- Washington
- West Virginia
- Wisconsin
- Wyoming
- By State
- Slots
- Poker
- Sports
- Esports
Fact-checked by Angel Hristov
Playgon Discontinues Las Vegas Operations, Complies with NGCB Order
The gaming company acknowledged the detrimental impact the cease-and-desist order may have on its business but confirmed the halt of its operations in Las Vegas

The SaaS technology company delivering mobile live dealer technology to online gaming operators globally, Playgon Games, recently received a cease-and-desist order from the gambling regulator in Nevada, the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB). The letter, sent by the Board earlier this month, encouraged Playgon, as well as its affiliate, Bitrate Productions, to discontinue any unlicensed activities by 5 PM on July 26.
On Friday, Playgon released a statement, acknowledging it has received the cease-and-desist order from the NGCB. Per the order, the company was asked to halt the operations of its Las Vegas studio. In response to the Board’s request, Playgon confirmed it has “complied with the order” and effectively suspended all activities from its studio in Sin City.
“We are deeply disappointed by the NGCB’s sudden decision, particularly given our history of operation and compliance in Nevada.“
Darcy Krogh, CEO at Playgon Games
Darcy Krogh, Playgon Games’ CEO, revealed that the company is unhappy with the unexpected decision of the NGCB. He explained: “The limited time frame provided by the NGCB has left us with no viable option to contest the order or seek a resolution without total disruption to our business for an extended period, so we are forced to pursue other options for a studio location.”
The Company Will Explore Options to Mitigate the Impact of the Recent Order
Playgon said that is currently analyzing different options to prevent any disruptions to its services. “This includes accelerating our plans to expand our studio operations to other jurisdictions where we can maintain our quality of service and compliance standards,” wrote the company.
Krogh warned that the cease-and-desist order impacts Playgon’s nearly 80 workers in Las Vegas. In his own words: “Further, we are particularly distressed by the impact this decision will have on our 79 local employees and their families as a result of this order.”
According to the company, the order of the NGCB is likely to have “material adverse effects,” particularly on its revenues. Still, Playgon confirmed it will continue exploring options to cushion the impact and vowed to disclose further updates when available.
Playgon Doesn’t Target Any Players in the US or Nevada
The NGCB’s decision was sudden and unexpected, especially considering that the company operated for years without any issues. In fact, Playgon said that prior to commencing operations in Las Vegas it sought legal advice and was notified that it complies with Nevada’s gambling regulations.
The company wrote: “The comprehensive legal opinion assured us that our business model was in full compliance with Nevada State Laws.” Additionally, Playgon highlighted that its business efforts focus exclusively outside of the United States and do not target any US or Nevada players or gambling service providers.
In light of the cease-and-desist order, Playgon confirmed it will seek further legal advice and determine the best course of action.
Related Topics:
William Velichkov is a research-driven writer. His strengths lie in ensuring factual accuracy, vetting government documentation and reaching out to regulators and other officials. He is particularly fond of financial reporting, the sports betting industry, B2B partnerships and esports betting developments. William is a strong asset to the Gambling News team as he adds a bedrock to our reporting.
Must Read
Industry
August 25, 2025
Team King Buys Saipan’s Imperial Pacific for $13M
Industry
August 25, 2025
BMJ Concerned about RET Levy as First Invoices Loom
More Articles
Business
August 29, 2025
CMA to Investigate Sportradar’s Merger with IMG Arena
Legal
August 29, 2025
A23 Challenges India’s Controversial Gaming Ban
Casino
August 29, 2025
Facial Recognition Coming to Las Vegas Casino Slots and Beyond
Industry
August 29, 2025
KSA and ZonMw Renew Gambling Addiction Prevention Program
Industry
August 28, 2025
The Boring Company Shares Footage of Loop Tunnel Digger
Industry
August 28, 2025
Titus Aims to Pass FAIR BET Act Through Defense Bill
Industry
August 27, 2025
Cyberattack Devastates State Services in Nevada
Industry
August 27, 2025
ASA Reprimands Sean Graham over Unclear Promotion Conditions
Industry
August 27, 2025
Flutter Regretfully Halts Real-Money Gaming in India