January 3, 2024 3 min read

likes:

Houston Texans vs. Indianapolis Colts Week 18 Odds, Time, and Prediction

You can think of the Houston Texans vs. Indianapolis Colts Week 18 game as a battle for the playoffs. Whoever wins on Saturday at Lucas Oil Stadium will qualify for the postseason

If the Houston Texans win on January 6, they will 99% make the playoffs. The probability of them getting to the postseason with a loss in Week 18 is 1%. It’s exactly the same case when it comes to the Indianapolis Colts.

Houston Texans vs. Indianapolis Colts Week 18 Odds

SpreadOdds
Houston Texans -1.5
Indianapolis Colts +1.5
MoneylineOdds
Houston Texans -125
Indianapolis Colts+105
Points TotalOdds
Over 47.0-115
Under 47.0-105
10712 players claimed the offer this month
50% up to $1000

When, Where, and How to Watch?

  • Place: Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana 
  • Date: Saturday, January 6, 2024
  • Time: 8:15 p.m. ET
  • How to Watch: ABC

Reason Why Houston Texans are (Slight) Favorites in Week 18

The Houston Texans are 9-7, the same as the Indianapolis Colts and the Jacksonville Jaguars. The difference, however, is that they’ve looked better than other AFC South teams lately. In their most recent game, they destroyed the Tennessee Titans 26-3 at home.

Now, they’re playing on the road, but that doesn’t scare them because they’ve been doing alright away from home. They’re 3-4 in away games, but two of those wins happened in their last three games on the road.

Their defense has been brilliant throughout the season, while in the last couple of weeks, we’ve seen their rookie quarterback C. J. Stroud really up his game. The man who’s favored to win the AP Offensive Rookie of the Year award went 24-for-32 for 213 yards and one touchdown, with no interceptions. They also did alright running the ball, with Devin Singletary gaining 80 rushing yards.   

Indianapolis Colts Looking for Their 4th Straight Win at Lucas Oil Stadium

The Colts are 4-4 at home, but the good news for their fans is that three of those wins happened in their last three games at Lucas Oil Stadium. Led by running back Jonathan Taylor, their offensive team did really well in those games.

In fact, the Colts’ offense has been great throughout the season, with their average being 23.6 PPG, which makes them 10th in the league.

Their defense, however, hasn’t been as impressive. These guys are conceding 24.5 points per game, which makes their defensive team the 6th-worst in the NFL.

Houston Texans vs. Indianapolis Colts Prediction

The Colts’ strongest weapon is running thanks to their RB Jonathan Taylor. However, the Texans are great when it comes to defending against rushing. They’re allowing just 88.5 rushing yards per game, which makes them the third-best team in the league in this aspect.

If they can stop Taylor, they will win. So, will they? We think they will. After all, this game is their chance to make the playoffs for the first time since 2019.

Pick: Houston Texans

Journalist

Jessie is our resident sports specialist with over 4 years of experience in sports journalism. She's worked with several prominent online sports news outlets in the past and has accrued specialist insight across a wide range of sports markets. Combined with her own love and excitement of sports, having competed at a national level during college, she aims to improve sports coverage value for our readers at GamblingNews.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *