- Schedule for APT 2020 announced
- 12 stops across Asia, including Seoul, Taipei and Ho Chi Minh
- Some locations still to be confirmed and announced
The Asian Poker Tour is just about over for 2019, and the organizers are already prepared for next year. The APT has recently announced its schedule for 2020, so players around the world can start making their travel plans.
Where the APT is Headed in 2020
Next year, the APT will be making 12 tour stops across Asia. You can take a look at all of the destinations below:
- 8 to 19 January: APT Vietnam – Ho Chi Minh
- 19 February to 1 March: APT Taiwan
- 6 March to 15 March: TBA
- 7 to 18 April: APT Vietnam – Da Nang
- 27 April to 10 May: APT Philippines
- 3 to 14 June: APT Vietnam – Ho Chi Minh
- 1 to 12 July: TBA
- 25 July to 11 August: APT Korea – Seoul and Incheon
- 10 to 21 September: APT Philippines
- 7 to 18 October: APT Taiwan
- 4 to 11 November: APT Korea – Busan
- 2 to 13 December: APT Finale (TBA)
As you can see, there are still three stops that have yet to be announced. Players are speculating where these locations could be, and some have expressed hopes that the APT will stop in Bangkok this year.
These locations and dates are still provisional. So, it’s important that you keep an eye on the APT’s website just in case anything changes and to look out for the announcement of the locations for the third, seventh and final stops.
One of the major changes that APT regulars will notice is that Seoul and Incheon have been combined into event. This will be the first time that the tour will host back-to-back stops, making for an 18-day festival in Seoul for a week and Incheon for 11 days.
This Year’s APT
This year’s APT isn’t yet over, and it is shaping up to be a hugely successful event. So far, the prize pools total more than $11 million, and over 19,000 players from over 30 countries have entered APT 2019 events across Asia.
Currently, the APT is in Taipei. There are some very exciting event that players are in the midst of. The biggest competition of this leg is the Championships Event, where there is a guarantee of TWD 6 Million.
There are two more stops on the tour this year. From November 6 to November 17, the APT will be heading to the Pro Poker Club in Vietnam before closing at the APT Finale in Taipei from November 28 to December 9.