- Bitcoin Casinos
- Real Money Casinos
- Strategy Guides
- Sweepstakes Casinos
- Free Slots
- Slot Developers
- Betting Sites
- Legal States
Fiona Simmons March 3, 2022 3 min read
- 🤯 0
- ❤️ 0
- 👍 0
- 👏 0
- 💡 0
- 🙏 0
SciPlay Acquires Alictus Studio in up to $300M Deal
Developer of social casino experiences SciPlay has added another high-profile mobile studio to its lineup of assets, expanding the reach of its gaming nous and expertise. The acquisition of Alictus, a Turkey-based development studio of casual game experiences, has become the latest asset that SciPlay will now run under its umbrella.
SciPlay Pays Initial $100m, More Based on Results
SciPlay will be paying $100 million in cash or 80% of the total agreed-upon value with the rest of the amount of 20% paid over the next five years. Alictus and SciPlay have agreed on a total of up to $200 million in payments provided that specific criteria and performance objectives have been met in full. Commenting on this acquisition, SciPlay CEO Josh Wilson said:
“The powerful combination of Alictus’s hyper-casual expertise with our industry-leading live services and meta capabilities positions us to expand our market share by developing hit games with compelling game-play, driving further player engagement and enhanced revenue and profitability.”SciPlay CEO Josh Wilson
Alictus is one of the most prominent developers of casual gaming experience that has amassed more than 300 million downloads across its full portfolio of games. These days, the studio is present in the United States on the App and iOS Stores with a number of options such as Candy Challenge 3D, Deep Clean Inc, Collect Cubes, and others. SciPlay has been able to continually expand its reach in the mobile gaming space after it was spun off from Scientific Games, which just rebranded to Light & Wonder.
SciPlay has an outstanding selection of its own games to speak of, including Monopoly Slots, Quick Hit Slots, Hot Shot Casino, and 88 Fortunes among others. Interest in new development capabilities has been climbing as the iGaming and social casino experiences have become an increasingly important part of the overall landscape in the United States.
Mobile Gaming a Promising Segment, SciPlay Stock Up
Mobile games are already pulling ahead in terms of interest among players. The mobile gaming segment also creates unique opportunities for in-game advertisement which is estimated at $13 billion as well.
Casual gaming is particularly successful as it makes for an even simpler experience that is predicated on random playing sessions that are constantly available to consumers. SciPlay, which specializes in casual, bingo, and casino experiences, is happy to be expanding further in this segment as well. The company’s stock ticker SCPL was up 5.73% to $12.74 on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange today.
Although Fiona doesn't have a long-spanning background within the gambling industry, she is an incredibly skilled journalist who has built a strong interest in the constantly growing iGaming network. The team at GamblingNews.com is glad to have her on our roster to help deliver the best stories as soon as they hit. Aside from writing, she loves to dabble in online casino games such as slots and roulette, both for her own enjoyment and also as research to better improve her understanding of the industry.