January 3, 2021 3 min read


Better Collective Acquires 90% Ownership of Mindway AI in 2021

On January 1, 2021 Better Collective acquired 90% ownership of the Mindway AI shares as the remaining 10% will be held by its founder, Aarhus University professor Kim Mouridsen.

Mindway AI is On a Mission to Make Gambling Safer

As an award-winning company, Mindway AI has transformed from an academic-based start-up to a successful company that provides innovative software for effective monitoring, profiling, and identifying gamblers at risk by combining neuroscience, artificial intelligence, and collaboration with experts from the iGaming industry.

Mindway AI effectively supports companies, working hand-in-hand with operators such as Entain, Flutter Group, and Holland Casino to create a safer iGaming ecosystem.

In 2020 Mindway AI won The Compliance Innovation of the Year award at the Global Regulatory Awards with its “Gamalyze solution”, a responsible gaming self-test for players.

Better Collective Has a Goal to Make Gambling Safer

At the beginning of this year, Better Collective has acquired 70% of the shares of Mindway AI for 17 million DKK. In 2019 the company acquired 19.99% of Midway AI for 4 million DKK.

With the new investment, Better Collective will now hold 90% of Mindway AI shares as the other 10% will remain with its founder, the Aarhus University professor Kim Mouridsen. He will keep his position as Chief Scientific Officer and member of the company’s board. Mindway AI will keep its independent status within the Better Collective Group.

Rasmus Kjædgaard, the CEO of Midway AI, is part of the company since 2019 and has contributed to the growth of the company and its transformation into a successful business.

He stated that he is excited that Mindway AI will join Better Collective Group and said that the two companies share the same values and goals to make betting safer for players around the world. He believes that Better Collective Group will help accelerate the development of Mindway AI to reach its full potential and expand globally.

Great Gambling Management Product

Mindway AI impressed Better Collective with its gambling management product, the result of the start-up’s innovative technological approach and academic knowledge. The two companies have a common vision for providing players with a safer iGaming experience.

Better Collective’s CEO Jasper Søgaard stated that responsible gaming is a top priority for the iGaming industry and Mindway AI will play a big role in the improvement of responsible gambling and make the industry a safer place for players and also help society as a whole.

He also shared his excitement about the collaboration and expressed his assurance that the partnership will be beneficial for both operators and players.


Eva is a PR specialist and communications expert with ten years of experience in campaign organizing and creative writing. She is also a published author of fictional stories. Eva recently developed an interest in economics and the gaming industry after discovering the inspirational story of Molly Bloom.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *